Kofta in flatbread with vegetables
By Dianna Brinch / Gourministeriet
Very tasty flatbreads with spicy kofta skewers and vegetables: delicious and home-made fast food with lots of taste.
Serve it with a nice sour cream dressing or a creamy, home-made hummus that fits perfectly to both meat and bread.
Time: 2 hours / servings: 6
This recipe is for 6-8 skewers and 6-8 flatbreads.
- 25 g (1 oz) yeast
- 3½ dl (10 cups) lukewarm water
- 550 g (4½ cup) wheat flour + some for rolling out
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 600 g (1.3 lbs) minced lamb
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or grated
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Your preferred vegetables, e.g. lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion etc.
- Dressing or hummus
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and then add salt, sugar and oil.
- Add flour little by little and knead the dough, preferably in a food processor, until the flour has been absorbed into the dough and the dough is sticking to the dough hook.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave the dough to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 equally large pieces, approx. 110 g (0.2 lbs) per piece.
- Roll each piece into a big circle with a thickness of approx. 2-3 mm (0.08-0.12 inches). Use a bit of flour if needed.
- Heat up a frying pan at medium heat and use a bit of cooking spray or brush some oil onto it.
- Bake the breads for a couple of minutes on each side at medium heat until they start bubbling and turn light-brown. Use cooking spray each time you turn a bread and when you start frying a new one to make sure that your flatbreads turn nice and juicy.
- Fry the pine nuts until golden on a dry frying pan and then coarsely chop them.
- Mix the pine nuts with the minced lamb, add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all well.
- Let the mixture rest on the kitchen table for 15-20 minutes.
- Attach the minced meat mixture to the skewers and grill them for approx. 5 minutes on each side. The meat must be firm but still nice and juicy.
- Serve the warm kofta with freshly baked flatbreads and dressing.