1 kg (2 lbs) Bavette steak
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped, without seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed in a mortar with a bit of salt
- 1 large handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano (preferably wild oregano)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice from half a lemon
- Olive oil
Pour chilli, garlic and herbs into a bowl. Add olive oil until the mixture turns into a pesto texture. Add red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and extra lemon juice.
- 2 tins of black beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 20 cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli
- A small bundle of coriander, finely chopped
- Juice from one lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Place the chilli in the embers on the grill and grill it for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the skin and chop it as finely as you can.
Pour the beans into a bowl along with tomatoes, onion, chilli and coriander. Add lime juice, olive oil and salt. Season to taste with extra lime juice and salt.
Marinade the meat in half of your chimichurri for an hour or longer, if possible.
Grill the meat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until the core temperature reaches 52-55° C (125-131° F). Wrap the meat in tin foil and a clean dishcloth and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes.
Cut the meat into thin slices across the fibres and serve it with bean salsa and extra chimichurri.