By Dianna Brinch / Gourministeriet
Very tasty grilled edamame beans that you can enjoy as a snack or as an accompaniment to various grilled dishes or sushi. They are very easy to make and we love the taste of grilled edamame beans.
Everybody likes them so make plenty, even if you just use them as an accompaniment. At our house, this portion is enough for two people.
Time: 20 min. / servings: 2
- 1 bag of in-shell edamame
- ½ dl (0.2 cup) soya
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped, without seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or pressed
- 2 tbsp sesame
- A bit of olive oil
- Flake salt
- Pour cold water on top of the frozen edamame beans and leave them to soak until they are thawed. Drain off the water and let the beans drip-dry in a sieve.
- Mix garlic, chilli and sesame well, and fry the mixture for a few minutes at a high temperature on a scorching hot frying area on the grill or on a frying pan on the stove. Let the mixture fry until the sesame seeds start to pop.
- Add soya and freshly squeezed lemon to the mixture and leave it on the side.
- Pour a bit of oil onto the frying area and roast the edamame beans for approx. 5-10 minutes at a very high temperature. You will want to grill them well, turning them regularly.
- Pour the beans into a bowl, add the soya marinade and sprinkle with flake salt. Serve them whilst they are nice and warm.