Grilled monkfish and shrimps on a rosemary spiedini
You can prepare this dish in our Grill 17 and Forno Gas Grill
This is a very easy, quickly prepared and absolutely delicious starter.
If you have a thick rosemary bush, you can use the twigs as skewers.
If not, just use standard wooden skewers. I recommend “marinating” them in white wine and rosemary. In this way, they take on a nice taste and do not burn on the grill.
Pour herbs, chilli and garlic into a bowl. Add lemon juice and olive oil until the mixture turns into a pesto texture. Season to taste with salt and extra lemon juice.
Grill your spiedini 2-3 minutes on each side on a very hot grill.
Serve them with salsa inzamino and a lemon wedge.
- 300 g (0.6 lbs) monkfish, cut into pieces of 4 cm (1.6 inches)
- 12 big shrimps, shell and head removed (I leave the tail on because it looks good)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- One lemon, cut into wedges
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A small handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, without seeds, finely chopped
- ½ clove of garlic, crushed in a mortar with a bit of salt
- Olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon