ROAST PEPPER SALAD WITH ANCHOVIES
ROAST PEPPER SALAD WITH ANCHOVIES, PARSLEY & TOASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
6 peppers, red, yellow or orange or a mixture
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
30 g pumpkin seeds
12 anchovies, salted or cured, whichever you prefer
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp red wine vinegar
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the peppers into the hot Morso and let them blacken all over, turning over from time to time with a pair of long-handled tongs.
2. When the peppers are practically black, put them into a large glass bowl and cover tightly with clingfilm. This will make them sweat and let you get the skins off more easily.
3. Heat a small heavy frying pan in the hot Morso and when it’s hot, add the pumpkin seeds to the pan. Shake from time to time to toast the seeds and develop their flavour. Once they start to pop, turn them on to a plate to cool down.
4. When the peppers have cooled enough for you to handle them without burning yourself, run them under the cold tap and rub off the skins. Pull out the stalks and seeds and then cut them into 1cm wide strips and put them in a mixing bowl.
5. Add the parsley and a touch of sea salt, a good pinch of pepper and the oil and the vinegar. Gently fold everything together and turn on to a serving platter.
6. Arrange the anchovies on top of the peppers and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
7. Serve with some good bread and some more olive oil drizzled over the top.