Stir-fried tuna with Asian marinade
By Jes Brinch / Gourministeriet
Stir-fried, tender tuna in sesame with a tasty Asian marinade. This is as good as it gets, and this extremely tasty starter or appetiser is very easy to prepare in a jiffy.
You will want to cut the tuna into equally large squares and you can use the leftovers for a really nice and delicious tuna tartare with avocado to avoid food waste.
Time: 30 min. / servings: 4
- 400 g (0.9 lbs) fresh tuna cut into 4 equally large squares. Use the leftovers for a tasty tuna tartare with avocado.
- 1 dl (0.4 cup) white sesame
- 1 dl (0.4 cup) black sesame
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
- Some frisée lettuce (option)
- Olive oil, rapeseed oil or sesame oil for frying
- 1 dl (0.4 cup) soya
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ dl (0.1 cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ dl (0.1 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp white sesame
- 1 tsp finely grated garlic
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and leave it on the side.
- Mix the two types of sesame and turn the pieces of tuna in the mixture to create a nice layer of sesame on all 4 sides but not on the ends.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan and fry the tuna pieces at medium heat on all 4 sides for approx. 15 seconds.
- Slice the tuna and arrange the slices on plates. Pour the marinade around the tuna and garnish with freshly chopped chives, spring onions and perhaps some frisée lettuce.